Dengue patient this year crosses 600 mark
New Delhi: Dengue cases in the city crossed
the 600 mark on Tuesday after another 25 people tested positive for
dengue fever since yesterday.
"25 people tested positive for dengue fever in the last
one day. From an average of 10 cases per day, we are now
getting over 20 cases per day. A total of 621 people have been
diagnosed of dengue fever till now, V K Monga, MCD health
committee chairman, said.
"By mid-November, we are hopeful that dengue cases will
come down as the aedes mosquito breeds in warm weather and
dies in winter when the temperature drops," he said.
The first case of dengue fever was reported this year in
Four deaths due to dengue haemorrhagic fever have been
reported in the city so far, the last being on October 13.
"Even if the temperatures are dropping, people should
take precaution as dengue cases were reported till end of
December last year. The trend of dengue fever is changing,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!