Denied Cabinet berth, Vinod Binny upset; AAP leaders trying to placate him
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Denying all reports of rift within the party, Aam Aadmi Party leaders on Tuesday night tried to appease MLA Vinod Kumar Binny, who was upset over his name being excluded from the list of cabinet ministers.
The top AAP leaders met the irked Binny late at night at his residence. The latter had yesterday stormed out of a party meeting held at chief minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal`s residence.
As per the sources, AAP leaders Kumar Vishwas and Sanjay Singh had gone to placate Binny.
Binny, 40, who had defeated top Congress leader and former health minister AK Walia, from Laxmi Nagar, had said yesterday that he would be holding a press conference on Wednesday which could be embarrassing for the party. However, AAP kept denying any reports on Binny`s ire.
The Party has finalised its Delhi cabinet which includes Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
AAP`s convener Kejriwal is expected to take oath along with his cabinet ministers on December 26 at Ramlila Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation