Denied Cabinet berth, Vinod Binny upset; AAP leaders trying to placate him
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Denying all reports of rift within the party, Aam Aadmi Party leaders on Tuesday night tried to appease MLA Vinod Kumar Binny, who was upset over his name being excluded from the list of cabinet ministers.
The top AAP leaders met the irked Binny late at night at his residence. The latter had yesterday stormed out of a party meeting held at chief minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal`s residence.
As per the sources, AAP leaders Kumar Vishwas and Sanjay Singh had gone to placate Binny.
Binny, 40, who had defeated top Congress leader and former health minister AK Walia, from Laxmi Nagar, had said yesterday that he would be holding a press conference on Wednesday which could be embarrassing for the party. However, AAP kept denying any reports on Binny`s ire.
The Party has finalised its Delhi cabinet which includes Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
AAP`s convener Kejriwal is expected to take oath along with his cabinet ministers on December 26 at Ramlila Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31