Denied scooter, teenager hangs self in Delhi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy hanged himself to death at his house here over his father`s refusal to buy him a scooter, police said Thursday.
Happy`s body was recovered Wednesday night in north Delhi`s Narela, police said.
Police said the Class 10 student of Maharaja Agrasen School left behind a suicide note which read, "Now save your money."
Happy was alone at home when he locked his room and hanged himself from a ceiling fan. His father Praveen Kumar broke the door and discovered the body, said a police officer.
Kumar, who worked in a private company, told police he could not buy his son a scooter due to financial difficulties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency