Denied scooter, teenager hangs self in Delhi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy hanged himself to death at his house here over his father`s refusal to buy him a scooter, police said Thursday.
Happy`s body was recovered Wednesday night in north Delhi`s Narela, police said.
Police said the Class 10 student of Maharaja Agrasen School left behind a suicide note which read, "Now save your money."
Happy was alone at home when he locked his room and hanged himself from a ceiling fan. His father Praveen Kumar broke the door and discovered the body, said a police officer.
Kumar, who worked in a private company, told police he could not buy his son a scooter due to financial difficulties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him