Denied scooter, teenager hangs self in Delhi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy hanged himself to death at his house here over his father`s refusal to buy him a scooter, police said Thursday.
Happy`s body was recovered Wednesday night in north Delhi`s Narela, police said.
Police said the Class 10 student of Maharaja Agrasen School left behind a suicide note which read, "Now save your money."
Happy was alone at home when he locked his room and hanged himself from a ceiling fan. His father Praveen Kumar broke the door and discovered the body, said a police officer.
Kumar, who worked in a private company, told police he could not buy his son a scooter due to financial difficulties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest