Denied scooter, teenager hangs self in Delhi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy hanged himself to death at his house here over his father`s refusal to buy him a scooter, police said Thursday.
Happy`s body was recovered Wednesday night in north Delhi`s Narela, police said.
Police said the Class 10 student of Maharaja Agrasen School left behind a suicide note which read, "Now save your money."
Happy was alone at home when he locked his room and hanged himself from a ceiling fan. His father Praveen Kumar broke the door and discovered the body, said a police officer.
Kumar, who worked in a private company, told police he could not buy his son a scooter due to financial difficulties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional