Dense fog cover in Delhi, rains likely on Friday
New Delhi: Dense fog blinded the national
capital on Friday on a chilly morning making life tough for
Delhiites as it slowed down the movement of vehicles on road
and disrupted air and rail traffic.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 8.6 degree
Celsius, two degrees above normal, early this morning, while
the maximum temperature was recorded 19.3 degree Celsius, one
degree less than normal, the MeT Department said.
Fog descended on the capital and the visibility on roads
fell to near zero level in the morning which improved a little
bit later in the day. Dense fog made it difficult for
motorists to drive through the capital.
Drivers switched on fog lights to negotiate through Delhi
The dense fog had some effect on the operations at the
Indira Gandhi International Airport where around 15 flights
The dense fog also affected rail traffic delaying several
trains in the capital.
The Weatherman has predicted thunderstorms with rain
tomorrow with temperature oscillating between 11 and 20 degree
The MeT office predicted fog tomorrow as well and said
tomorrow`s maximum and minimum temperature would be between 20
and 12 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly