Dense fog engulfs Delhi; air, rail, road traffic hit
New Delhi: Dense fog and dip in temperature on Friday disrupted the normal life, affecting air, rail and road traffic today morning.
The maximum and minimum temperature were recorded 21.9 degree celsius and 7.8 degree celsius.
Operations of more than 50 flights were affected at the Indira Gandhi International Airport due to low visibility.
Due to the poor visibility flight operations were delayed for hours. On the other hand, several Delhi-bound trains are also reported to be running late due to which passengers have to suffer a lot.
The fog is so dense that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways at the IGI.
According to the Meteorological department, suspended dust particle and moisture in the air resulted in the formation of fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'