Dense fog engulfs Delhi; air, rail, road traffic hit
New Delhi: Dense fog and dip in temperature on Friday disrupted the normal life, affecting air, rail and road traffic today morning.
The maximum and minimum temperature were recorded 21.9 degree celsius and 7.8 degree celsius.
Operations of more than 50 flights were affected at the Indira Gandhi International Airport due to low visibility.
Due to the poor visibility flight operations were delayed for hours. On the other hand, several Delhi-bound trains are also reported to be running late due to which passengers have to suffer a lot.
The fog is so dense that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways at the IGI.
According to the Meteorological department, suspended dust particle and moisture in the air resulted in the formation of fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan