Dense fog engulfs Delhi; air, rail, road traffic hit
New Delhi: Dense fog and dip in temperature on Friday disrupted the normal life, affecting air, rail and road traffic today morning.
The maximum and minimum temperature were recorded 21.9 degree celsius and 7.8 degree celsius.
Operations of more than 50 flights were affected at the Indira Gandhi International Airport due to low visibility.
Due to the poor visibility flight operations were delayed for hours. On the other hand, several Delhi-bound trains are also reported to be running late due to which passengers have to suffer a lot.
The fog is so dense that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways at the IGI.
According to the Meteorological department, suspended dust particle and moisture in the air resulted in the formation of fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje