Dense fog engulfs Delhi; air, rail, road traffic hit
New Delhi: Dense fog and dip in temperature on Friday disrupted the normal life, affecting air, rail and road traffic today morning.
The maximum and minimum temperature were recorded 21.9 degree celsius and 7.8 degree celsius.
Operations of more than 50 flights were affected at the Indira Gandhi International Airport due to low visibility.
Due to the poor visibility flight operations were delayed for hours. On the other hand, several Delhi-bound trains are also reported to be running late due to which passengers have to suffer a lot.
The fog is so dense that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways at the IGI.
According to the Meteorological department, suspended dust particle and moisture in the air resulted in the formation of fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH