Dense fog slows down 65 trains in north
New Delhi: Dense fog continued to affect train operations adversely on Monday with more than 60 trains running late by several hours.
There are as many as 65 trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other mail and express service running behind schedule due to the bad weather, according to Railway Ministry data.
While Mahananda Express is running 17 hours late, Brahmaputra Mail is behind schedule for 15 hours. Toofan Express and Vikramshila Express are late by 13 hours and six hours respectively due to poor visibility.
Besides Rajdhani for Bhubaneswar, Patna, Howrah, Sealdah, Shatabdi trains for Lucknow and Kanpur are also running behind the schedule.
Railways have already cancelled services of 53 trains for 10 days from December 22 keeping in view the foggy weather condition in northern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company