Dense fog slows down 65 trains in north
New Delhi: Dense fog continued to affect train operations adversely on Monday with more than 60 trains running late by several hours.
There are as many as 65 trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other mail and express service running behind schedule due to the bad weather, according to Railway Ministry data.
While Mahananda Express is running 17 hours late, Brahmaputra Mail is behind schedule for 15 hours. Toofan Express and Vikramshila Express are late by 13 hours and six hours respectively due to poor visibility.
Besides Rajdhani for Bhubaneswar, Patna, Howrah, Sealdah, Shatabdi trains for Lucknow and Kanpur are also running behind the schedule.
Railways have already cancelled services of 53 trains for 10 days from December 22 keeping in view the foggy weather condition in northern region.
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!
- 70% want Narendra Modi to be PM till 2024, 62% happy with his performance: Survey
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar
- World's largest telescope may be set up in Ladakh
- Top quotes by PM Narendra Modi at launch of free LPG scheme for poor families