Dense fog slows down 65 trains in north
New Delhi: Dense fog continued to affect train operations adversely on Monday with more than 60 trains running late by several hours.
There are as many as 65 trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other mail and express service running behind schedule due to the bad weather, according to Railway Ministry data.
While Mahananda Express is running 17 hours late, Brahmaputra Mail is behind schedule for 15 hours. Toofan Express and Vikramshila Express are late by 13 hours and six hours respectively due to poor visibility.
Besides Rajdhani for Bhubaneswar, Patna, Howrah, Sealdah, Shatabdi trains for Lucknow and Kanpur are also running behind the schedule.
Railways have already cancelled services of 53 trains for 10 days from December 22 keeping in view the foggy weather condition in northern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate