Dense fog slows down 65 trains in north
New Delhi: Dense fog continued to affect train operations adversely on Monday with more than 60 trains running late by several hours.
There are as many as 65 trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other mail and express service running behind schedule due to the bad weather, according to Railway Ministry data.
While Mahananda Express is running 17 hours late, Brahmaputra Mail is behind schedule for 15 hours. Toofan Express and Vikramshila Express are late by 13 hours and six hours respectively due to poor visibility.
Besides Rajdhani for Bhubaneswar, Patna, Howrah, Sealdah, Shatabdi trains for Lucknow and Kanpur are also running behind the schedule.
Railways have already cancelled services of 53 trains for 10 days from December 22 keeping in view the foggy weather condition in northern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says