Deploy transgenders as Civil Defense Wardens: Kiran Bedi
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: While safety in public transport has become a cause of serious concern, specially for the women, former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has suggested deployment of transgenders as Civil Defense Wardens in city buses during odd hours.
On Monday, Bedi tweeted that transgenders can keep a vigil in the evening hours. Moreover, she also suggested installation of cameras in the buses.
“Public Transport unsafe!...Solutions?... Cameras in buses, Seniors travel weekly, Deploy Transgenders as Civil Defence Wardens in evening/buses” she tweeted.
Bedi, who is known for her initiatives to empower women, was offered an Aam Aadmi Party ticket for party’s Chief Ministerial candidate. However, she had turned down the offer as she called herself a non-political person.
As speculated earlier, she was also offered ticket by the BJP to fight elections against Arvind Kejriwal in New Delhi constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra