Deploy transgenders as Civil Defense Wardens: Kiran Bedi
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: While safety in public transport has become a cause of serious concern, specially for the women, former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has suggested deployment of transgenders as Civil Defense Wardens in city buses during odd hours.
On Monday, Bedi tweeted that transgenders can keep a vigil in the evening hours. Moreover, she also suggested installation of cameras in the buses.
“Public Transport unsafe!...Solutions?... Cameras in buses, Seniors travel weekly, Deploy Transgenders as Civil Defence Wardens in evening/buses” she tweeted.
Bedi, who is known for her initiatives to empower women, was offered an Aam Aadmi Party ticket for party’s Chief Ministerial candidate. However, she had turned down the offer as she called herself a non-political person.
As speculated earlier, she was also offered ticket by the BJP to fight elections against Arvind Kejriwal in New Delhi constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir