Deputy Mayor agrees to remove unauthorised construction
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta on Thursday disposed of a case against city BSP president Brahm Singh and his brother Bir Singh, who is the deputy mayor of South municipal corporation, after they agreed to remove unauthorised construction in a property owned by them.
Earlier this month, Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had issued notices to Singh and MCD after taking cognisance of a complaint of carrying out unauthorised construction.
The MCD has already demolished a wall and portion of the porch which were on public land in the property in question at Sarita Vihar.
Both Brahm and Beer Singh also informed Lokayukta that they have applied for regularisation of certain portion of the property and if MCD did not approve it within three months then they will remove it voluntarily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'