Deputy Mayor agrees to remove unauthorised construction
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta on Thursday disposed of a case against city BSP president Brahm Singh and his brother Bir Singh, who is the deputy mayor of South municipal corporation, after they agreed to remove unauthorised construction in a property owned by them.
Earlier this month, Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had issued notices to Singh and MCD after taking cognisance of a complaint of carrying out unauthorised construction.
The MCD has already demolished a wall and portion of the porch which were on public land in the property in question at Sarita Vihar.
Both Brahm and Beer Singh also informed Lokayukta that they have applied for regularisation of certain portion of the property and if MCD did not approve it within three months then they will remove it voluntarily.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'