Derailment hits rail traffic on Delhi-Agra section
New Delhi: A goods train derailed near Palwal in Haryana, disrupting the services of more than a dozen trains.
However, no one was injured in the derailment.
"A wagon and engine of a goods train derailed near Palwal following which we had to cancel some trains and divert a few," a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
Rail traffic was restored by 11 AM, he said.
Five trains including Ferozpur-Mumbai Express and Amritsar-Mumbai Golden Temple Express were diverted towards Ghaziabad-Tundla-Agra section while six trains including Agra-Palwal passenger and Mathura-Ghaziabad passenger trains were cancelled.
Timings of six trains including Niazamuddin-Coimbator Express and Nizamuddin-Yashwantpur Karnataka Express were also rescheduled because of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh
- Euro 2016, Fixtures, Live Streaming, Italy, Spain, England, Iceland, Football News, International Football
- India deserves to be in NSG, the US will work for it: Envoy Richard Verma
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression