Derailment hits rail traffic on Delhi-Agra section
New Delhi: A goods train derailed near Palwal in Haryana, disrupting the services of more than a dozen trains.
However, no one was injured in the derailment.
"A wagon and engine of a goods train derailed near Palwal following which we had to cancel some trains and divert a few," a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
Rail traffic was restored by 11 AM, he said.
Five trains including Ferozpur-Mumbai Express and Amritsar-Mumbai Golden Temple Express were diverted towards Ghaziabad-Tundla-Agra section while six trains including Agra-Palwal passenger and Mathura-Ghaziabad passenger trains were cancelled.
Timings of six trains including Niazamuddin-Coimbator Express and Nizamuddin-Yashwantpur Karnataka Express were also rescheduled because of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Dia Mirza 'dissatisfied' with scripts being offered to her
- Earthquake hits Haryana's Mahendragarh; tremors felt in Delhi, NCR
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Olympics 2016: Goodbye Rio, over to Tokyo now for 2020 Games
- Maharashtra to call special assembly session on Aug 29 to ratify GST Bill