Derailment hits rail traffic on Delhi-Agra section
New Delhi: A goods train derailed near Palwal in Haryana, disrupting the services of more than a dozen trains.
However, no one was injured in the derailment.
"A wagon and engine of a goods train derailed near Palwal following which we had to cancel some trains and divert a few," a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
Rail traffic was restored by 11 AM, he said.
Five trains including Ferozpur-Mumbai Express and Amritsar-Mumbai Golden Temple Express were diverted towards Ghaziabad-Tundla-Agra section while six trains including Agra-Palwal passenger and Mathura-Ghaziabad passenger trains were cancelled.
Timings of six trains including Niazamuddin-Coimbator Express and Nizamuddin-Yashwantpur Karnataka Express were also rescheduled because of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali