DERC seeks EC nod for initiating process for power tariff hike
New Delhi: Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) has sought permission from Delhi Electoral Office to initiate the process of power tariff hike, citing it needs at least 30 days from the date of public notice to complete the exercise before finalizing the power tariff.
The step comes with power distribution companies and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC)`s submission that they were finding it very difficult to purchase power from the National Grid and other states and are incurring losses.
The new power tariff is expected from June 1.
"In order to complete the process of tariff determination, DERC is required to invite comments/objections/suggestions from all stakeholders and public at large through a public notice and also hold public hearing sessions, thereby giving opportunity to all stakeholders to submit their views on Aggregate Revenue Requirement/truce up petitions.
"The Commission should consider all such comments/objections/suggestions received either in writing or during the public hearing before finalizing the tariff order for the year 2014-15," the DERC said in its letter.
Chief nodal officer Ankur Garg said power tariff hike would be permitted only after the election results are announced on May 16.
Reliance-owned BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) has in its petition stated an ARR of Rs 9,361 crore for the coming year.
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) has shown an ARR of Rs 5,527 crore whereas Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (TPDDL) has estimated its revenue requirement for the same period at Rs 6,079 crore.
If these losses are accepted by DERC, then power tariffs for this year are set to hit the roof.
NDMC has proposed fixed charge to be increased by flat 60 percent and energy charges by 15-38 percent for different consumers.
For the single delivery system, it has proposed Rs 3.90 per unit up to 200 unit; Rs 5 for between 201-400 unit; Rs 6.20 for up to 401-800 unit and Rs 9 for above 800 units.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark