DERC to launch special drive on power bill grievances
New Delhi: Flooded with complaints of "inflated" bills, Delhi`s power regulator DERC on Thursday decided to launch a special drive to address consumers` grievances relating to electricity bills issued by the private power distribution companies following tariff hike in July.
Chairman and members of each of the three Consumer Grievance Redressal Forums of the three private distribution companies will hold special hearings in divisional and district offices of the discoms.
The Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum of NDMC area will also hold similar hearings.
The move comes in the backdrop of the BJP and Arvind Kejriwal`s India Against Corruption launching separate "movements" to protest "steep hike" in electricity tariff.
"A special drive is being launched for redressal of consumer grievances relating to correctness of electricity bills issued by private discoms and NDMC," said an official of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission.
The CGRFs have been told to conduct the hearings from 11 AM to 1 PM and from 2PM to 4 PM.
"All aggrieved consumers may avail of this opportunity and submit their complaints relating to correctness of electricity bills addressed to Secretary, CGRF of the concerned discom in the respective division/district offices atleast three days prior to the scheduled date of hearing," said the official.
The DERC had increased the tariff for domestic consumers by 26 per cent in June.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has slammed Kejriwal and BJP for demanding a roll back in tariff saying the hike was justified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?