Development along Gurgaon Metro corridor soon
New Delhi: A seven-km area along the Gurgaon
Metro corridor could be soon developed as multi-use complex
with residential and commercial units if the proposal by the
Urban Development Ministry on transit-oriented development
sees light of the day.
The Delhi Metro has been asked by the Union Urban
Development Ministry to conduct a study along the Metro
stretch from Chhattarpur to Arjangarh stations for development
of a multi-modal inter-change and street connectivity.
The DMRC has begun work on the proposal and awarded the
tender to a specialised agency for conceptualising the design
for stage-I of the project that could also generate revenue
for further expansion of the Metro network.
"Transit-oriented development is absolutely essential and
Metro is a prime mover of mass transit-oriented development in
the country. We need to adapt economical models of
developments and the fruits of which should be equally
distributed," Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna told
a press conference here on Tuesday.
The scope of the study has been confined to 1,500 metres
catchment from Delhi Metro stations like Chhattarpur,
Sultanpur, Ghitorni and Arjangarh where development of
commercial and residential complexes could be considered.
Officials said the proposal was floated as part of the
efforts to fund further Metro projects and make the transport
The study will be done in four stages and a committee
consisting of officials from DMRC, DDA and DUAC has been
constituted to monitor the study and guide the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir