DG CISF to hold additional charge of BPR&D
New Delhi: CISF Director General Rajiv has been given additional charge of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), a nodal department responsible for police reforms.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Rajiv, who is the chief of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), will hold the additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D until a regular appointment is made or till further orders, a Home Ministry release said today.
Rajiv has taken over the additional charge since yesterday.
The release said Milind Kanaskar, IPS (MP:89), presently Joint Director, National Police Academy (NPA), will also carry out the duties of Director, NPA.
Kanaskar will hold the additional charge till an incumbent to the post of Director, NPA is appointed on regular basis or till further orders, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India