DG CISF to hold additional charge of BPR&D
New Delhi: CISF Director General Rajiv has been given additional charge of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), a nodal department responsible for police reforms.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Rajiv, who is the chief of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), will hold the additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D until a regular appointment is made or till further orders, a Home Ministry release said today.
Rajiv has taken over the additional charge since yesterday.
The release said Milind Kanaskar, IPS (MP:89), presently Joint Director, National Police Academy (NPA), will also carry out the duties of Director, NPA.
Kanaskar will hold the additional charge till an incumbent to the post of Director, NPA is appointed on regular basis or till further orders, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy