DG CISF to hold additional charge of BPR&D
New Delhi: CISF Director General Rajiv has been given additional charge of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), a nodal department responsible for police reforms.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Rajiv, who is the chief of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), will hold the additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D until a regular appointment is made or till further orders, a Home Ministry release said today.
Rajiv has taken over the additional charge since yesterday.
The release said Milind Kanaskar, IPS (MP:89), presently Joint Director, National Police Academy (NPA), will also carry out the duties of Director, NPA.
Kanaskar will hold the additional charge till an incumbent to the post of Director, NPA is appointed on regular basis or till further orders, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?