DG CISF to hold additional charge of BPR&D
New Delhi: CISF Director General Rajiv has been given additional charge of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), a nodal department responsible for police reforms.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Rajiv, who is the chief of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), will hold the additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D until a regular appointment is made or till further orders, a Home Ministry release said today.
Rajiv has taken over the additional charge since yesterday.
The release said Milind Kanaskar, IPS (MP:89), presently Joint Director, National Police Academy (NPA), will also carry out the duties of Director, NPA.
Kanaskar will hold the additional charge till an incumbent to the post of Director, NPA is appointed on regular basis or till further orders, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack