DG CISF to hold additional charge of BPR&D
New Delhi: CISF Director General Rajiv has been given additional charge of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), a nodal department responsible for police reforms.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Rajiv, who is the chief of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), will hold the additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D until a regular appointment is made or till further orders, a Home Ministry release said today.
Rajiv has taken over the additional charge since yesterday.
The release said Milind Kanaskar, IPS (MP:89), presently Joint Director, National Police Academy (NPA), will also carry out the duties of Director, NPA.
Kanaskar will hold the additional charge till an incumbent to the post of Director, NPA is appointed on regular basis or till further orders, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan