Dhananjay Singh apologises to court for his lawyer`s conduct
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh on Wednesday apologised before a Delhi court for the alleged misconduct of his lawyer with the magistrate on the issue of allowing some persons to meet the lawmaker in the lock-up inside the court premises.
"I want to say something. You (magistrate) and my lawyer were having some arguments. I did not know much about it but if the court feels that the conduct of my lawyer was not good, then I apologise," the BSP MP told Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha.
The incident happened after the bail plea of Dhananjay, arrested along with his wife Jagriti Singh in connection with the murder of their maid, was rejected by the court.
One of his lawyers moved a plea seeking the court`s permission for some persons to meet the MP in the lock up in the court premises where he and his wife were kept.
The court told his lawyer that he should show a provision in the manual in this regard after which his plea would be decided.
The lawyer, however, shot back to the magistrate saying, that "for everything you need a manual. Is this the way? I have not seen a single court in Delhi which says like this."
Irked over the lawyer`s conduct, the magistrate said: "This is not the way to address the court. I am requesting you to maintain decorum in the court."
"Enough is enough...If you want to shout or raise your voice, then please leave the courtroom and go outside," the court said.
However, after Dhananjay`s intervention, the court allowed him to have a conversation with his wife in the courtroom itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune