Dial 111 for grievance redressal during CWG
New Delhi: Come September and you will just have to dial 111 to lodge a complaint against a tout or an auto driver who is overcharging you or for that matter to know
about city hotels and tourist places.
"Keeping the Commonwealth Games in mind, Delhi government is coming out with a helpline to address complaints as well as disseminate basic information about the city," said a senior Tourism Ministry official.
Besides providing details about Games schedules, stadia, cultural events, hotels and other tourism-related information, the helpline will also have data about various departments of
the city government and its e-governance programme.
"We have asked the concerned authorities to allot the number 111 as the helpline number," said a senior Delhi government official dealing with the project.
Information and Technology department of Delhi government is currently working out details to make the helpline operational before the Commonwealth Games.
Terming the helpline project as unique, the official said, "We have finalised the tendering process and the request for proposal (RFP) will be floated shortly for the project. The response was good during the pre-bid tendering meeting."
The helpline service will continue even after the Commonwealth Games.
"Since it has been devised to help the common man of the city find solution to many problems taking several aspects of the government`s functioning into account, the helpline service will continue after the Games," the official said.
About one lakh tourists are expected to visit the city during the Games beginning October 3.
Tourism Ministry had undertaken training programmes for immigration officials, auto and taxi drivers, guest house owners and its staff for the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof