Did Geetika Sharma undergo abortions?
New Delhi: In a sensational twist to Geetika suicide case, Aruna Chadha, the manager of absconding Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, reportedly told Delhi police that Geetika was taken to clinics for termination of her pregnancies, reports said on Sunday.
This revelation came as the police sought a two-day custody of Aruna Chadha yesterday, telling the court that her custodial interrogation was needed to identify and verify the exact places where Geetika was taken for abortions.
Following which, Aruna’s custody was extended by a day, till today.
Police also said that Chaddha’s further interrogation was needed also to find out hideouts of Gopal Goyal Kanda, who remained elusive for the seventh day today, after Geetika was found hanging in her Ashok Vihar residence in New Delhi on August 05.
Geetika had left behind a suicide note, in which Kanda’s name, alongwith that of Chaddha, was mentioned.
Kanda is accused of abetting the suicide of his ex-employee and former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Delhi Police continued searches at all possible hideouts of Kanda and also reached Goa to look for him.
Fresh raids were conducted at Kanda`s residence in Sirsa last night and sleuths questioned his relatives but he could not be located, a senior police official said.
On Thursday, Kanda`s anticipatory bail plea was dismissed by a sessions court and a look-out notice was issued by Delhi Police against him.
A senior police official said all airports have also been alerted to ensure that Kanda does not fly out of the country.
Charges of criminal intimidation were on Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of Geetika, who worked in his now-defunct MDLR airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information