Did Geetika Sharma undergo abortions?
New Delhi: In a sensational twist to Geetika suicide case, Aruna Chadha, the manager of absconding Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, reportedly told Delhi police that Geetika was taken to clinics for termination of her pregnancies, reports said on Sunday.
This revelation came as the police sought a two-day custody of Aruna Chadha yesterday, telling the court that her custodial interrogation was needed to identify and verify the exact places where Geetika was taken for abortions.
Following which, Aruna’s custody was extended by a day, till today.
Police also said that Chaddha’s further interrogation was needed also to find out hideouts of Gopal Goyal Kanda, who remained elusive for the seventh day today, after Geetika was found hanging in her Ashok Vihar residence in New Delhi on August 05.
Geetika had left behind a suicide note, in which Kanda’s name, alongwith that of Chaddha, was mentioned.
Kanda is accused of abetting the suicide of his ex-employee and former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Delhi Police continued searches at all possible hideouts of Kanda and also reached Goa to look for him.
Fresh raids were conducted at Kanda`s residence in Sirsa last night and sleuths questioned his relatives but he could not be located, a senior police official said.
On Thursday, Kanda`s anticipatory bail plea was dismissed by a sessions court and a look-out notice was issued by Delhi Police against him.
A senior police official said all airports have also been alerted to ensure that Kanda does not fly out of the country.
Charges of criminal intimidation were on Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of Geetika, who worked in his now-defunct MDLR airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli