Did Geetika Sharma undergo abortions?
New Delhi: In a sensational twist to Geetika suicide case, Aruna Chadha, the manager of absconding Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, reportedly told Delhi police that Geetika was taken to clinics for termination of her pregnancies, reports said on Sunday.
This revelation came as the police sought a two-day custody of Aruna Chadha yesterday, telling the court that her custodial interrogation was needed to identify and verify the exact places where Geetika was taken for abortions.
Following which, Aruna’s custody was extended by a day, till today.
Police also said that Chaddha’s further interrogation was needed also to find out hideouts of Gopal Goyal Kanda, who remained elusive for the seventh day today, after Geetika was found hanging in her Ashok Vihar residence in New Delhi on August 05.
Geetika had left behind a suicide note, in which Kanda’s name, alongwith that of Chaddha, was mentioned.
Kanda is accused of abetting the suicide of his ex-employee and former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Delhi Police continued searches at all possible hideouts of Kanda and also reached Goa to look for him.
Fresh raids were conducted at Kanda`s residence in Sirsa last night and sleuths questioned his relatives but he could not be located, a senior police official said.
On Thursday, Kanda`s anticipatory bail plea was dismissed by a sessions court and a look-out notice was issued by Delhi Police against him.
A senior police official said all airports have also been alerted to ensure that Kanda does not fly out of the country.
Charges of criminal intimidation were on Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of Geetika, who worked in his now-defunct MDLR airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo