Did not stop Shatabdi train: Vijay Goel
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Vijay Goel,
who courted controversy by reportedly stopping a Shatabdi
Express mid-way in Rajasthan to visit a temple, on Saturday refuted
charges that the train was stopped at his instance and he was
travelling without a ticket.
"As regards halting of Shatabdi Express at Bandikui,
BJP National General Secretary, Vijay Goel, has said that
Ajmer Shatabdi was not stopped because of him. Why it stopped,
only guard and driver of the train can explain it better," BJP
said in a statement issued on behalf of Goel.
Providing the PNR number of his ticket, he maintained
that he has never travelled without a ticket so far.
"He had in his possession Ajmer Shatabdi ticket upto
Jaipur. Otherwise also, Ex-Members of Parliament are entitled
for free rail travel," the statement said.
The BJP leader said he visits the Lord Hanuman shrine
in Mehandipur in Dausa very often and such an incident had
never happened before.
"It is pure mischief to say that I had forced the
train to stop from the guard`s compartment. The fact is that
neither had I gone to the guard`s compartment nor did I get
off the train there," Goel said.
He insisted that the truth would come out in the
inquiry instituted by the Railways. The guard and train driver
would give their statements to the inquiry panel.
"We should wait for the outcome of the railway enquiry
through which everything well become crystal clear," he said.
Media reports had said that Goel got down from the
train at the Bandikui, a station in Dausa district which is
not a stoppage of the train, where the BJP workers received
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi