Did not stop Shatabdi train: Vijay Goel
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Vijay Goel,
who courted controversy by reportedly stopping a Shatabdi
Express mid-way in Rajasthan to visit a temple, on Saturday refuted
charges that the train was stopped at his instance and he was
travelling without a ticket.
"As regards halting of Shatabdi Express at Bandikui,
BJP National General Secretary, Vijay Goel, has said that
Ajmer Shatabdi was not stopped because of him. Why it stopped,
only guard and driver of the train can explain it better," BJP
said in a statement issued on behalf of Goel.
Providing the PNR number of his ticket, he maintained
that he has never travelled without a ticket so far.
"He had in his possession Ajmer Shatabdi ticket upto
Jaipur. Otherwise also, Ex-Members of Parliament are entitled
for free rail travel," the statement said.
The BJP leader said he visits the Lord Hanuman shrine
in Mehandipur in Dausa very often and such an incident had
never happened before.
"It is pure mischief to say that I had forced the
train to stop from the guard`s compartment. The fact is that
neither had I gone to the guard`s compartment nor did I get
off the train there," Goel said.
He insisted that the truth would come out in the
inquiry instituted by the Railways. The guard and train driver
would give their statements to the inquiry panel.
"We should wait for the outcome of the railway enquiry
through which everything well become crystal clear," he said.
Media reports had said that Goel got down from the
train at the Bandikui, a station in Dausa district which is
not a stoppage of the train, where the BJP workers received
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested