Digital signature registration not mandatory for firms: EPFO
New Delhi: Retirement fund manager EPFO has not made it mandatory for employers with more than 1,000 workers to register their digital signatures with it, Parliament was informed today.
"Registration of digital signature with EPFO is not mandatory. However, field offices of EPFO have been instructed to make maximum efforts to obtain digital signatures of the employers or their representatives," Minister of State for Labour and Employment Kodikunnil Suresh said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
However, the Employees` Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is implementing the digital signature facility for online settlement of PF account transfer claims on changing jobs, he said.
The facility is optional and claims can be filed either online or by submitting a physical form. The system will be made operative after the digital signature of a willing employer or its representative is registered with the EPFO, the minister added.
The EPFO has already informed all employers which come under its purview that the process of registration of digital signatures has begun.
An analysis of employer filings between February 2013 and June 2013 shows that out of 7,43,045 enrolled establishments with EPFO, 5,232 reported more than 1,000 contributing members (workers).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday