Digvijay congratulates Kejriwal for deciding to form govt
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has congratulated AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal for taking the opportunity to serve the state of Delhi as Chief Minister.
"I am sure he would fulfil his promises," Digvijay said in a tweet last night.
"Success of Kejriwal should now encourage all those who are bitter critics of politics and politicians to participate in electoral politics," he said in a tweet.
Ending the fortnight-long dead lock, the Aam Aadmi Party had yesterday staked claim to form the government in the national capital with outside support from the Congress which it had trounced in the December 4 Assembly polls.
45-year-old Kejriwal, a civil society activist and former Indian Revenue Service officer whose party had stunned mainstream political parties in the Delhi Assembly polls, will take over as Chief Minister later this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown