`Digvijay must come out with evidence against BJP`
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh who claimed to have evidence of corruption against some BJP leaders, should come out with it, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said Thursday.
At a session of a two-day programme `Agenda` organised by `a private TV news channel, the Science and Technology Minister said that in democracy, if a person is having any evidence of corruption against someone, then it is his responsibility to make it public.
"You ask Digvijay Singh about this. This is dangerous for democracy. If you have evidence against someone, then it is your responsibility to produce it in front of the public," Sibal said.
He was asked to comment on Singh`s recent statement that to has evidence of graft against some BJP leaders but is not willing to come out with it.
"Not only me. There were lot of things, which came out during the NDA regime. But did Congress party ever use that. We will never use this... If I say, I do not have it (evidence against kin of L K Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee), then it is not correct," Singh had said during a TV interview recently.
Sibal along with BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and CPI(M)`s senior leader Sitaram Yechury also fielded questions on future leadership of the country during next general elections.
Both Sibal and Jaitely refused to comment on future leadership of their parties and said that it will be decided at an appropriate time.
Asked to comment on Rahul Gandhi`s candidature for the post of Prime Minister from Congress, Sibal said, "First I will like to say that please leave it to the Congress party to decide what will happen in 2014. Please wait till 2014."
He insisted that future leadership of the country will come from Congress party only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says