Digvijay Singh bereaved
New Delhi: Asha Singh, wife of senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, on Wednesday breathed her last at a hospital here after battling cancer for several years.
She was 58 and died around 7 PM at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Vasant Kunj, where she was admitted a few days ago.
Doctors at the hospital said Asha suffered from advanced malignancy (advanced form of cancer) when she was brought to the institute.
"She breathed her last in the hospital around 7 PM. Her family including Digvijay Singh was present when she passed away," a senior doctor said.
Asha was also treated at a US hospital for cancer a few months ago. She is survived by four daughters and one son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city