Digvijay Singh given charge of Assam; replaces Moily
New Delhi: AICC General Secretary Digvijay
Singh was on Friday given charge of party affairs in Assam in
place of Union Minister M Veerappa Moily.
Singh, who also looks after Uttar Pradesh, has been
given the additional responsibility of Congress-ruled Assam at
a time when the party is preparing for the crucial assembly
elections likely to be held by mid next year.
The announcement was made by AICC general secretary
Moily continues to be in-charge of party affairs in
Andhra Pradesh. Party sources said the decision has been taken
in view of Moily`s responsibility as law minister.
Singh was also in-charge of Assam during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5