Digvijay Singh given charge of Assam; replaces Moily
New Delhi: AICC General Secretary Digvijay
Singh was on Friday given charge of party affairs in Assam in
place of Union Minister M Veerappa Moily.
Singh, who also looks after Uttar Pradesh, has been
given the additional responsibility of Congress-ruled Assam at
a time when the party is preparing for the crucial assembly
elections likely to be held by mid next year.
The announcement was made by AICC general secretary
Moily continues to be in-charge of party affairs in
Andhra Pradesh. Party sources said the decision has been taken
in view of Moily`s responsibility as law minister.
Singh was also in-charge of Assam during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier