Digvijay Singh given charge of Assam; replaces Moily
New Delhi: AICC General Secretary Digvijay
Singh was on Friday given charge of party affairs in Assam in
place of Union Minister M Veerappa Moily.
Singh, who also looks after Uttar Pradesh, has been
given the additional responsibility of Congress-ruled Assam at
a time when the party is preparing for the crucial assembly
elections likely to be held by mid next year.
The announcement was made by AICC general secretary
Moily continues to be in-charge of party affairs in
Andhra Pradesh. Party sources said the decision has been taken
in view of Moily`s responsibility as law minister.
Singh was also in-charge of Assam during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside