Dikshit accuses Kejriwal & team of spreading anarchy
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday slammed activist Arvind Kejriwal and his team for asking Delhi residents not to pay electricity bills and accused them of spreading anarchy in the national capital.
If people don`t pay their electricity bills as asked by Kejriwal, then people would have to face consequences, she said.
"Was he holding a demonstration or trying to spread anarchy and lawlessness in the city," Dikshit said when asked about the protest by Kejriwal and his team over the hike in electricity tariff at the Jantar Mantar here.
Kejriwal today led a protest here against Delhi government on the power tariff hike and asked people not to pay electricity bills.
He announced a new `Civil Disobedience Movement` asking people not to pay bills if the Sheila Dikshit government does not order CAG audit of private discoms.
At the protest, people set afire electricity bills, alleging there was collusion between the city government and discoms to increase power tariff and help private companies earn more.
A few India Against Corruption members also staged dharna in front of Dikshit`s residence.
Electricity rates were hiked by 26 per cent in June for domestic consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video