Dikshit accuses Kejriwal & team of spreading anarchy
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday slammed activist Arvind Kejriwal and his team for asking Delhi residents not to pay electricity bills and accused them of spreading anarchy in the national capital.
If people don`t pay their electricity bills as asked by Kejriwal, then people would have to face consequences, she said.
"Was he holding a demonstration or trying to spread anarchy and lawlessness in the city," Dikshit said when asked about the protest by Kejriwal and his team over the hike in electricity tariff at the Jantar Mantar here.
Kejriwal today led a protest here against Delhi government on the power tariff hike and asked people not to pay electricity bills.
He announced a new `Civil Disobedience Movement` asking people not to pay bills if the Sheila Dikshit government does not order CAG audit of private discoms.
At the protest, people set afire electricity bills, alleging there was collusion between the city government and discoms to increase power tariff and help private companies earn more.
A few India Against Corruption members also staged dharna in front of Dikshit`s residence.
Electricity rates were hiked by 26 per cent in June for domestic consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested