Dikshit accuses Kejriwal & team of spreading anarchy
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday slammed activist Arvind Kejriwal and his team for asking Delhi residents not to pay electricity bills and accused them of spreading anarchy in the national capital.
If people don`t pay their electricity bills as asked by Kejriwal, then people would have to face consequences, she said.
"Was he holding a demonstration or trying to spread anarchy and lawlessness in the city," Dikshit said when asked about the protest by Kejriwal and his team over the hike in electricity tariff at the Jantar Mantar here.
Kejriwal today led a protest here against Delhi government on the power tariff hike and asked people not to pay electricity bills.
He announced a new `Civil Disobedience Movement` asking people not to pay bills if the Sheila Dikshit government does not order CAG audit of private discoms.
At the protest, people set afire electricity bills, alleging there was collusion between the city government and discoms to increase power tariff and help private companies earn more.
A few India Against Corruption members also staged dharna in front of Dikshit`s residence.
Electricity rates were hiked by 26 per cent in June for domestic consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?