Dikshit accuses Kejriwal & team of spreading anarchy
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday slammed activist Arvind Kejriwal and his team for asking Delhi residents not to pay electricity bills and accused them of spreading anarchy in the national capital.
If people don`t pay their electricity bills as asked by Kejriwal, then people would have to face consequences, she said.
"Was he holding a demonstration or trying to spread anarchy and lawlessness in the city," Dikshit said when asked about the protest by Kejriwal and his team over the hike in electricity tariff at the Jantar Mantar here.
Kejriwal today led a protest here against Delhi government on the power tariff hike and asked people not to pay electricity bills.
He announced a new `Civil Disobedience Movement` asking people not to pay bills if the Sheila Dikshit government does not order CAG audit of private discoms.
At the protest, people set afire electricity bills, alleging there was collusion between the city government and discoms to increase power tariff and help private companies earn more.
A few India Against Corruption members also staged dharna in front of Dikshit`s residence.
Electricity rates were hiked by 26 per cent in June for domestic consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living