Dikshit bats for Urdu`s promotion
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday said the government was doing all it could to promote Urdu in the capital.
The chief minister described the language as "a symbol of our composite culture", according to an official statement.
"Urdu educators would get increased honorarium of Rs.2,000 per month instead of Rs.1,500 and a topper would get hiked award of Rs.1,000 instead of Rs.500," the statement said here.
She also praised the work of Delhi`s Urdu Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci