Dikshit bats for Urdu`s promotion
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday said the government was doing all it could to promote Urdu in the capital.
The chief minister described the language as "a symbol of our composite culture", according to an official statement.
"Urdu educators would get increased honorarium of Rs.2,000 per month instead of Rs.1,500 and a topper would get hiked award of Rs.1,000 instead of Rs.500," the statement said here.
She also praised the work of Delhi`s Urdu Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report