Dikshit briefs PM on preparations for Games
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday evening about the preparations for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
A Delhi government source said Dikshit discussed with the Prime Minister the status of several delayed projects, which have been hit by incessant rains in the city.
She also informed him about the efforts being made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the Delhi government to check the spread of dengue, which has crossed 1,300 cases so far.
At least 24 Commonwealth countries have made inquiries about the status of dengue in the capital.
The Chief Minister assured Manmohan Singh that despite rains all the projects will be completed well ahead of the beginning of the Games Oct 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur