Dikshit briefs PM on preparations for Games
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday evening about the preparations for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
A Delhi government source said Dikshit discussed with the Prime Minister the status of several delayed projects, which have been hit by incessant rains in the city.
She also informed him about the efforts being made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the Delhi government to check the spread of dengue, which has crossed 1,300 cases so far.
At least 24 Commonwealth countries have made inquiries about the status of dengue in the capital.
The Chief Minister assured Manmohan Singh that despite rains all the projects will be completed well ahead of the beginning of the Games Oct 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites