Dikshit briefs PM on preparations for Games
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday evening about the preparations for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
A Delhi government source said Dikshit discussed with the Prime Minister the status of several delayed projects, which have been hit by incessant rains in the city.
She also informed him about the efforts being made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the Delhi government to check the spread of dengue, which has crossed 1,300 cases so far.
At least 24 Commonwealth countries have made inquiries about the status of dengue in the capital.
The Chief Minister assured Manmohan Singh that despite rains all the projects will be completed well ahead of the beginning of the Games Oct 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country