Dikshit briefs PM on preparations for Games
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday evening about the preparations for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
A Delhi government source said Dikshit discussed with the Prime Minister the status of several delayed projects, which have been hit by incessant rains in the city.
She also informed him about the efforts being made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the Delhi government to check the spread of dengue, which has crossed 1,300 cases so far.
At least 24 Commonwealth countries have made inquiries about the status of dengue in the capital.
The Chief Minister assured Manmohan Singh that despite rains all the projects will be completed well ahead of the beginning of the Games Oct 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss