Dikshit briefs PM on preparations for Games
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday evening about the preparations for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
A Delhi government source said Dikshit discussed with the Prime Minister the status of several delayed projects, which have been hit by incessant rains in the city.
She also informed him about the efforts being made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the Delhi government to check the spread of dengue, which has crossed 1,300 cases so far.
At least 24 Commonwealth countries have made inquiries about the status of dengue in the capital.
The Chief Minister assured Manmohan Singh that despite rains all the projects will be completed well ahead of the beginning of the Games Oct 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you