Dikshit briefs Sonia Gandhi about Games preparations
New Delhi: Under attack for delay in
several key Commonwealth Games projects, Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit on Saturday briefed Congress president Sonia Gandhi
about the city`s overall preparation for the event.
Dikshit met Gandhi and gave her a detailed account of
the city government`s preparations for the event, sources
The meeting came hours before the meeting convened by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with all stake-holders to take
stock of the preparations for the mega event.
The Chief Minister has been under attack from various
quarters for the delay in completion of key projects worth
over Rs 10,000 crore.
Various key Games projects, including the Barapullah
Nallah elevated road, UP Link road and projects related to
street-scapping works, have missed several deadlines and now
questions are being raised whether they will be completed
before the final deadline of August 31, set by Dikshit.
Top officials in Delhi government admitted Barapullah
Nallah elevated road and renovation of Yamuna Sports Complex,
apart from street-scaping around the Games venues are unlikely
to finished by August-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!