Dikshit briefs Sonia Gandhi about Games preparations
New Delhi: Under attack for delay in
several key Commonwealth Games projects, Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit on Saturday briefed Congress president Sonia Gandhi
about the city`s overall preparation for the event.
Dikshit met Gandhi and gave her a detailed account of
the city government`s preparations for the event, sources
The meeting came hours before the meeting convened by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with all stake-holders to take
stock of the preparations for the mega event.
The Chief Minister has been under attack from various
quarters for the delay in completion of key projects worth
over Rs 10,000 crore.
Various key Games projects, including the Barapullah
Nallah elevated road, UP Link road and projects related to
street-scapping works, have missed several deadlines and now
questions are being raised whether they will be completed
before the final deadline of August 31, set by Dikshit.
Top officials in Delhi government admitted Barapullah
Nallah elevated road and renovation of Yamuna Sports Complex,
apart from street-scaping around the Games venues are unlikely
to finished by August-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'