Dikshit briefs Sonia Gandhi about Games preparations
New Delhi: Under attack for delay in
several key Commonwealth Games projects, Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit on Saturday briefed Congress president Sonia Gandhi
about the city`s overall preparation for the event.
Dikshit met Gandhi and gave her a detailed account of
the city government`s preparations for the event, sources
The meeting came hours before the meeting convened by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with all stake-holders to take
stock of the preparations for the mega event.
The Chief Minister has been under attack from various
quarters for the delay in completion of key projects worth
over Rs 10,000 crore.
Various key Games projects, including the Barapullah
Nallah elevated road, UP Link road and projects related to
street-scapping works, have missed several deadlines and now
questions are being raised whether they will be completed
before the final deadline of August 31, set by Dikshit.
Top officials in Delhi government admitted Barapullah
Nallah elevated road and renovation of Yamuna Sports Complex,
apart from street-scaping around the Games venues are unlikely
to finished by August-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees