Dikshit condemns rape of Brazilian woman
New Delhi: Condemning the rape of a
Brazilian woman in the city, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit Wednesday said police should step up efforts to ensure
safety of the citizens, particularly women.
"This kind of incident should not happen...There
should be a sense of safety and security for everybody,
particularly women," Dikshit said when asked about the
A 27-year-old Brazilian woman, pursuing a Mass
Communication course in Noida, was raped allegedly by her
landlord in C R Park locality. Police have arrested the
Asking police to be more vigilant, Dikshit said the
incident is being investigated.
"We have been telling police to ensure that such kind
of incident does not take place. It is their (police)
responsibility to make people feel secure in the city,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs