Dikshit condemns rape of Brazilian woman
New Delhi: Condemning the rape of a
Brazilian woman in the city, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit Wednesday said police should step up efforts to ensure
safety of the citizens, particularly women.
"This kind of incident should not happen...There
should be a sense of safety and security for everybody,
particularly women," Dikshit said when asked about the
A 27-year-old Brazilian woman, pursuing a Mass
Communication course in Noida, was raped allegedly by her
landlord in C R Park locality. Police have arrested the
Asking police to be more vigilant, Dikshit said the
incident is being investigated.
"We have been telling police to ensure that such kind
of incident does not take place. It is their (police)
responsibility to make people feel secure in the city,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars