Dikshit govt pursuing anti-people policies: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal today attacked the Sheila Dikshit government alleging that it was pursuing "anti-people" policies by increasing prices of electricity, water and gas at regular intervals.
Addressing a public meeting here, he also alleged that Dikshit was acting as a "broker" for power distribution companies.
"Chief minister Sheila Dikshit wrote a letter to Delhi Regulatory commission asking not to reduce electricity tariff in Delhi. She has become a broker for the company," he alleged.
"Dikshit has asked not to decrease water bill. Same is the case with bill of cylinder. After 2004 gas bill is increasing year by year. Delhi government is not concerned about people," he said.
Kejriwal also accused the UPA of showing little concern for the common man.
"Government came with a Lokpal bill which has easy ways for culprits to escape," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation