Dikshit govt pursuing anti-people policies: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal today attacked the Sheila Dikshit government alleging that it was pursuing "anti-people" policies by increasing prices of electricity, water and gas at regular intervals.
Addressing a public meeting here, he also alleged that Dikshit was acting as a "broker" for power distribution companies.
"Chief minister Sheila Dikshit wrote a letter to Delhi Regulatory commission asking not to reduce electricity tariff in Delhi. She has become a broker for the company," he alleged.
"Dikshit has asked not to decrease water bill. Same is the case with bill of cylinder. After 2004 gas bill is increasing year by year. Delhi government is not concerned about people," he said.
Kejriwal also accused the UPA of showing little concern for the common man.
"Government came with a Lokpal bill which has easy ways for culprits to escape," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt