Dikshit inaugurates Delhi pavilion in IITF
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday inaugurated the Delhi pavilion -- mainly featuring the city`s preparation for the upcoming Commonwealth Games – at the India International Trade Fair here.
The Services and hospitality sector, for which the capital has become well-known, has also been prominently showcased in the pavilion.
Delhi is the partner state in the fortnight-long event which was inaugurated by President Pratibha Patil earlier today.
The Chief Minister said nearly 30 lakh footfalls are expected in the pavilion and to make people aware about the mega sporting event to be hosted by the city next year, a substantial portion of the pavilion has been used for showcasing the government`s preparation.
"People from across the country come here to visit the pavilion. This is a great opportunity for us to make them aware about the sporting event," she said addressing a press conference.
"We are proud to host the event and every effort has been made to make it a great success," she said.
Interestingly, no display has been made by the PWD department in the pavilion which is carrying out several vital infrastructure projects linked to the Games.
Interiors of the pavilion has been remodelled by Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC), covering an area of 1,422 square metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA