Dikshit inaugurates transit camp for Urs pilgrims
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday inaugurated a 20-day transit camp here for pilgrims going to attend the 800th annual `Urs` of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti at Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan.
Pilgrims from all parts of the country reach Delhi to further travel to Ajmer to attend the annual `Urs`. The city government has been organising transit camps for the pilgrims at Burari in North Delhi for last 12 years.
The Chief Minister, in her address, exhorted the pilgrims to pray for unity and brotherhood at the Ajmer Sharif.
Describing the Ajmer Sharif Dargah as a symbol of communal harmony, she said teachings of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti will remain relevant for all times to come.
Various government agencies and departments including Delhi Transport Corporation, Delhi Police, Health department, DJB, MCD, NDPL have rendered their cooperation in providing facilities in the camp.
A number of ambulances have been deployed and CCTV cameras have also been installed, keeping in view security requirements at the camp in Burari Maidan.
Over 200 mobile public conveniences have also been put up at the camp site. The Delhi Transport Corporation has launched a conducted tour of major tourist spots for the pilgrims.
An eight-bedded mini hospital and an Ayurvedic and Unani health centre have also been commissioned at the camp site. Officials said the Rajasthan Roadways will run buses from the camp to Ajmer.
Delhi Revenue Minister A K Walia, MLA Mangat Ram Singhal and Urs Committee Chairman Salauddin were also present on the occasion.
Walia said every effort has been made to make stay of the pilgrims in the camp comfortable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you