Dikshit inaugurates transit camp for Urs pilgrims
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday inaugurated a 20-day transit camp here for pilgrims going to attend the 800th annual `Urs` of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti at Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan.
Pilgrims from all parts of the country reach Delhi to further travel to Ajmer to attend the annual `Urs`. The city government has been organising transit camps for the pilgrims at Burari in North Delhi for last 12 years.
The Chief Minister, in her address, exhorted the pilgrims to pray for unity and brotherhood at the Ajmer Sharif.
Describing the Ajmer Sharif Dargah as a symbol of communal harmony, she said teachings of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti will remain relevant for all times to come.
Various government agencies and departments including Delhi Transport Corporation, Delhi Police, Health department, DJB, MCD, NDPL have rendered their cooperation in providing facilities in the camp.
A number of ambulances have been deployed and CCTV cameras have also been installed, keeping in view security requirements at the camp in Burari Maidan.
Over 200 mobile public conveniences have also been put up at the camp site. The Delhi Transport Corporation has launched a conducted tour of major tourist spots for the pilgrims.
An eight-bedded mini hospital and an Ayurvedic and Unani health centre have also been commissioned at the camp site. Officials said the Rajasthan Roadways will run buses from the camp to Ajmer.
Delhi Revenue Minister A K Walia, MLA Mangat Ram Singhal and Urs Committee Chairman Salauddin were also present on the occasion.
Walia said every effort has been made to make stay of the pilgrims in the camp comfortable.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview