Dikshit inaugurates transit camp for Urs pilgrims
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday inaugurated a 20-day transit camp here for pilgrims going to attend the 800th annual `Urs` of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti at Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan.
Pilgrims from all parts of the country reach Delhi to further travel to Ajmer to attend the annual `Urs`. The city government has been organising transit camps for the pilgrims at Burari in North Delhi for last 12 years.
The Chief Minister, in her address, exhorted the pilgrims to pray for unity and brotherhood at the Ajmer Sharif.
Describing the Ajmer Sharif Dargah as a symbol of communal harmony, she said teachings of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti will remain relevant for all times to come.
Various government agencies and departments including Delhi Transport Corporation, Delhi Police, Health department, DJB, MCD, NDPL have rendered their cooperation in providing facilities in the camp.
A number of ambulances have been deployed and CCTV cameras have also been installed, keeping in view security requirements at the camp in Burari Maidan.
Over 200 mobile public conveniences have also been put up at the camp site. The Delhi Transport Corporation has launched a conducted tour of major tourist spots for the pilgrims.
An eight-bedded mini hospital and an Ayurvedic and Unani health centre have also been commissioned at the camp site. Officials said the Rajasthan Roadways will run buses from the camp to Ajmer.
Delhi Revenue Minister A K Walia, MLA Mangat Ram Singhal and Urs Committee Chairman Salauddin were also present on the occasion.
Walia said every effort has been made to make stay of the pilgrims in the camp comfortable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video