Dikshit issues legal notice to city BJP chief
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit Sunday served a legal notice on city BJP head Vijender
Gupta for alleging that she had ordered removal of hoardings
put up by the party across the national capital to "educate"
people about "exploitation being committed by the power
In the legal notice, Dikshit asked Gupta to tender an
unconditional apology within three days or else he would face
legal action for defamation.
Yesterday, the city party chief had alleged that the
hoardings put up by the party at 30 places, mainly at DTC bus
stops, were removed at the behest of the chief minister.
The party, in a statement, had said that it had paid
money to concerned agencies to put up the hoardings at DTC bus
stops at 30 places.
The BJP had put up the hoardings to "make people aware
about how discoms were exploiting consumers."
An official in the chief minister`s office said that
the government did not give any order to remove the hoardings
and the BJP-ruled MCD had removed them in view of Supreme
The official said the MCD had framed guidelines for
putting up hoardings and those guidelines were approved by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred