Dikshit issues legal notice to city BJP chief
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit Sunday served a legal notice on city BJP head Vijender
Gupta for alleging that she had ordered removal of hoardings
put up by the party across the national capital to "educate"
people about "exploitation being committed by the power
In the legal notice, Dikshit asked Gupta to tender an
unconditional apology within three days or else he would face
legal action for defamation.
Yesterday, the city party chief had alleged that the
hoardings put up by the party at 30 places, mainly at DTC bus
stops, were removed at the behest of the chief minister.
The party, in a statement, had said that it had paid
money to concerned agencies to put up the hoardings at DTC bus
stops at 30 places.
The BJP had put up the hoardings to "make people aware
about how discoms were exploiting consumers."
An official in the chief minister`s office said that
the government did not give any order to remove the hoardings
and the BJP-ruled MCD had removed them in view of Supreme
The official said the MCD had framed guidelines for
putting up hoardings and those guidelines were approved by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof