Dikshit launches scheme to facilitate bank service
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday launched a unique scheme to facilitate banking services to the under-privilege section including direct transfer of cash subsidy into the bank accounts of beneficiaries of a number of welfare schemes.
Under the scheme, citizens will be able to open `Saral Money` bank account in five leading banks by producing their Aadhaar numbers.
The scheme, launched in collaboration with UIDAI, Visa Card and five banks -- Axis, HDFC, ICICI, SBI and Indian Overseas Bank, is aimed facilitating banking services to the under-privileged section.
The Visa payment settlement-based Saral Money account would enable a customer to make purchases, send money or receive government disbursements at the existing ATMs, point of sale terminals and proposed micro ATMs.
Dikshit last month had sought Finance Minister P Chidambaram`s help to facilitate direct transfer of cash subsidies and other financial assistance to 30 lakh beneficiaries of various central and Delhi government schemes for curbing leakages, diversion and corruption.
Initially, the Saral Money scheme will be implemented in parts of New Delhi and National Capital Region.
"Saral Money ensures that everyone with an Aadhar number automatically has an Aadhar linked instant account in a bank," Dikshit said, adding that the new product would bring banking right at the door step of the poor.
The Aaadhar number holder can also purchase a "card" for a nominal fee to access various ATMs, officials said.
"The product would also bring a positive change in financial scenario in the country," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly