Dikshit meets Home Minsiter on law and order issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and discussed the law and order situation in the city.
The Chief Minister conveyed to Shinde her concern over "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city and urged him to direct Delhi Police to take specific measures to improve the situation, officials said.
Shinde told Dikshit that he will call a high-level meeting in a couple of days` time where Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar will be invited.
The city has witnessed a series of sensational crimes including murders of senior citizens and a cash van robbery in South Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred