Dikshit meets Home Minsiter on law and order issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and discussed the law and order situation in the city.
The Chief Minister conveyed to Shinde her concern over "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city and urged him to direct Delhi Police to take specific measures to improve the situation, officials said.
Shinde told Dikshit that he will call a high-level meeting in a couple of days` time where Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar will be invited.
The city has witnessed a series of sensational crimes including murders of senior citizens and a cash van robbery in South Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project