Dikshit meets Home Minsiter on law and order issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and discussed the law and order situation in the city.
The Chief Minister conveyed to Shinde her concern over "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city and urged him to direct Delhi Police to take specific measures to improve the situation, officials said.
Shinde told Dikshit that he will call a high-level meeting in a couple of days` time where Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar will be invited.
The city has witnessed a series of sensational crimes including murders of senior citizens and a cash van robbery in South Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy