Dikshit meets Home Minsiter on law and order issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and discussed the law and order situation in the city.
The Chief Minister conveyed to Shinde her concern over "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city and urged him to direct Delhi Police to take specific measures to improve the situation, officials said.
Shinde told Dikshit that he will call a high-level meeting in a couple of days` time where Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar will be invited.
The city has witnessed a series of sensational crimes including murders of senior citizens and a cash van robbery in South Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh