Dikshit meets Home Minsiter on law and order issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and discussed the law and order situation in the city.
The Chief Minister conveyed to Shinde her concern over "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city and urged him to direct Delhi Police to take specific measures to improve the situation, officials said.
Shinde told Dikshit that he will call a high-level meeting in a couple of days` time where Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar will be invited.
The city has witnessed a series of sensational crimes including murders of senior citizens and a cash van robbery in South Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video