Dikshit seeks Moily`s help in curbing rogue LPG dealers
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday sought Oil Minister Veerappa Moily`s intervention in taking appropriate action against rogue LPG dealers involved in diversion of domestic cylinders to commercial market, supply of under-weight refills and delay in their delivery.
In a meeting, Dikshit told Moily that Delhi government has received a large number of complaints regarding late delivery of cylinders, diversion of domestic cylinders and their non-delivery despite sending acknowledgement of delivery through SMSes.
"The Chief Minister sought streamlining of the LPG distribution system and action against the errant LPG dealers," official sources said.
Dikshit told Moily that her government undertook surprise inspections in various locations which found that certain LPG bottling plants were possessing underweight cylinders.
Delhi Government officials said the Oil Minister issued instruction to take immediate action on the complaints. The prescribed weight of domestic LPG cylinder is 14.2kg.
Dikshit also briefed Moily about the difficulties being faced by her government to implement the kerosene-free Delhi scheme and sought his help in overcoming them.
The Delhi government had launched the scheme in August under which it is providing a free gas stove, cylinder and regulator to each families covered under BPL, Antyodaya Anna Yojna and Jhuggi Ration Card.
Listing problems being faced by her government to implement the scheme, Dikshit told Moily that a large number of applicants have not been provided the gas connection due to increase in the security amount from Rs 1,400 to Rs 1,600.
The Oil Ministry is yet to take a decision on sharing the hiked amount on 50-50 basis as envisaged initially under the scheme.
Moily told Dikshit that his Ministry was seized of the issue and it would be settled within couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam