Dikshit sees off Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims
New Delhi: The 15th batch of 45 pilgrims, including six from the national capital, on Thursday left the city for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit wishing them a smooth pilgrimage.
Dikshit presented pooja kits, life saving bags, track suits, rain coats and torches to the pilgrims at a ceremony organised at the Delhi Secretariat by Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti of the state government, an official statement said.
The Chief Minister said the city government had made various arrangements for food and lodging of pilgrims coming from various parts of the country during their stay here.
She said her government had been facilitating pilgrimage of devotees belonging to every religion.
The six pilgrims from the city were given Rs 25,000 each in cash for the pilgrimage by Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?