Dikshit takes pot shot at Kejriwal on inflated bills issue
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday took a pot shot at Aam Admi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal for raking up the issue of inflated electricity bills in the city.
"In the last few years, the sale of generators has declined in Delhi and the sale of air-conditioners has increased significantly. If you use an air conditioner than you will have pay for it. Your bill is going to go up. But Kejriwal does not understand it," Dikshit said.
She was addressing a function at industry chamber Assocham.
"As per a media report, electricity connection in his house in Ghaziabad was snapped by the authorities. But he restored it," Dikshit said.
Kejriwal has been attacking Dikshit for "inflated" power bills in the city and even accused her of siding with the private power distribution companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster