Dikshit`s office rebuts woman`s claim of no response from helpline
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s office today rebutted the claim of a woman, who was allegedly molested by a young man at a park in Central Delhi, that she did not get any response from Delhi government`s helpline 181 when she had made call to it.
The 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in an inebriated condition at Lodhi Garden on Sunday evening when she was out for a walk there.
"It is clarified that no one sought help from 181 from the telephone number of reported complainant of Lodhi Garden Park incident," the Chief Minister`s office said in a statement.
The woman had alleged that her calls made to recently-launched `181` and Delhi Police`s helpline number of `100` for assistance proved futile.
The government said the electronic system keeps a record of all received and failed calls but no record of any call from the woman was found.
Delhi government had launched the 24-hour helpline a month ago to help women in distress following massive public protests in the wake of the December 16 gangrape incident.
The helpline operates from Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s office in Delhi Secretariat.
Officials said the helpline has been receiving 1,200 to 2,000 calls per day.
"Approximately, 90 per cent of the calls are disposed off the same day. There has been a huge response from the women seeking support from the helpline," said officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown