Dikshit`s photo on loan forms: BJP files complaint
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Tuesday filed a complaint with the Lokayukta taking strong exception to photographs of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan on a form for offering loan to youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin, however, sought more details about the complaint as he was not satisfied with the documents submitted with the petition.
Delhi government had last week launched Dilli Swarojgar Yojna under which youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities will be given loan up to Rs 5 lakh.
The forms distributed for availing the loan carried photographs of Dikshit as well as Chouhan who is in-charge of Welfare of SC, ST department.
The BJP alleged that putting photographs of Dikshit and Chouhan on the form was against "laid down norms".
"This is a very serious issue. As the assembly election is due next year, the Congress government has started luring the voters by these tactics," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The complaint with the Lokayukta was filled by advocate Anil Soni on behalf of Gupta.
When asked, Dikshit dismissed the criticism saying there was noting wrong in it.
"The BJP is trying to politicise the issue," she said.
Officials said government has created a corpus of Rs 100 crore to provide loans under the scheme being implemented by Delhi SC, ST, OBC, Minorities, Handicapped Financial and Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'