Dikshit`s photo on loan forms: BJP files complaint
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Tuesday filed a complaint with the Lokayukta taking strong exception to photographs of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan on a form for offering loan to youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin, however, sought more details about the complaint as he was not satisfied with the documents submitted with the petition.
Delhi government had last week launched Dilli Swarojgar Yojna under which youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities will be given loan up to Rs 5 lakh.
The forms distributed for availing the loan carried photographs of Dikshit as well as Chouhan who is in-charge of Welfare of SC, ST department.
The BJP alleged that putting photographs of Dikshit and Chouhan on the form was against "laid down norms".
"This is a very serious issue. As the assembly election is due next year, the Congress government has started luring the voters by these tactics," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The complaint with the Lokayukta was filled by advocate Anil Soni on behalf of Gupta.
When asked, Dikshit dismissed the criticism saying there was noting wrong in it.
"The BJP is trying to politicise the issue," she said.
Officials said government has created a corpus of Rs 100 crore to provide loans under the scheme being implemented by Delhi SC, ST, OBC, Minorities, Handicapped Financial and Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door