Dikshit`s photo on loan forms: BJP files complaint
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Tuesday filed a complaint with the Lokayukta taking strong exception to photographs of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan on a form for offering loan to youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin, however, sought more details about the complaint as he was not satisfied with the documents submitted with the petition.
Delhi government had last week launched Dilli Swarojgar Yojna under which youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities will be given loan up to Rs 5 lakh.
The forms distributed for availing the loan carried photographs of Dikshit as well as Chouhan who is in-charge of Welfare of SC, ST department.
The BJP alleged that putting photographs of Dikshit and Chouhan on the form was against "laid down norms".
"This is a very serious issue. As the assembly election is due next year, the Congress government has started luring the voters by these tactics," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The complaint with the Lokayukta was filled by advocate Anil Soni on behalf of Gupta.
When asked, Dikshit dismissed the criticism saying there was noting wrong in it.
"The BJP is trying to politicise the issue," she said.
Officials said government has created a corpus of Rs 100 crore to provide loans under the scheme being implemented by Delhi SC, ST, OBC, Minorities, Handicapped Financial and Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional