Dikshit`s photo on loan forms: BJP files complaint
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Tuesday filed a complaint with the Lokayukta taking strong exception to photographs of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan on a form for offering loan to youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin, however, sought more details about the complaint as he was not satisfied with the documents submitted with the petition.
Delhi government had last week launched Dilli Swarojgar Yojna under which youths from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities will be given loan up to Rs 5 lakh.
The forms distributed for availing the loan carried photographs of Dikshit as well as Chouhan who is in-charge of Welfare of SC, ST department.
The BJP alleged that putting photographs of Dikshit and Chouhan on the form was against "laid down norms".
"This is a very serious issue. As the assembly election is due next year, the Congress government has started luring the voters by these tactics," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The complaint with the Lokayukta was filled by advocate Anil Soni on behalf of Gupta.
When asked, Dikshit dismissed the criticism saying there was noting wrong in it.
"The BJP is trying to politicise the issue," she said.
Officials said government has created a corpus of Rs 100 crore to provide loans under the scheme being implemented by Delhi SC, ST, OBC, Minorities, Handicapped Financial and Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!