Dipak Misra appointed new Delhi HC Chief Justice
New Delhi: Justice Dipak Misra was on Friday appointed as the new Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
Justice Misra, who is at present the Chief Justice of Patna High Court has been directed to assume charge of the office of the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court on or before May 28.
Fifty-six-year old Justice Misra enrolled as an advocate in February 1977 and practiced in constitutional, civil, criminal, revenue, service and sales tax matters in the Orissa High Court and the Service Tribunal.
He was appointed Additional Judge of the Orissa High Court in January, 1996, transferred to the Madhya Pradesh High Court in March, 1997 and became a permanent judge the same year in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%