Dipak Misra appointed new Delhi HC Chief Justice
New Delhi: Justice Dipak Misra was on Friday appointed as the new Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
Justice Misra, who is at present the Chief Justice of Patna High Court has been directed to assume charge of the office of the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court on or before May 28.
Fifty-six-year old Justice Misra enrolled as an advocate in February 1977 and practiced in constitutional, civil, criminal, revenue, service and sales tax matters in the Orissa High Court and the Service Tribunal.
He was appointed Additional Judge of the Orissa High Court in January, 1996, transferred to the Madhya Pradesh High Court in March, 1997 and became a permanent judge the same year in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30