Dipak Misra appointed new Delhi HC Chief Justice
New Delhi: Justice Dipak Misra was on Friday appointed as the new Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
Justice Misra, who is at present the Chief Justice of Patna High Court has been directed to assume charge of the office of the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court on or before May 28.
Fifty-six-year old Justice Misra enrolled as an advocate in February 1977 and practiced in constitutional, civil, criminal, revenue, service and sales tax matters in the Orissa High Court and the Service Tribunal.
He was appointed Additional Judge of the Orissa High Court in January, 1996, transferred to the Madhya Pradesh High Court in March, 1997 and became a permanent judge the same year in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore