Diplomat attack case: India awaiting for Iran`s co
New Delhi: India is awaiting for Iran`s convenience in order to send a team to that country to get access to three Iranians wanted in connection with the bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here last February.
Official sources said New Delhi is in touch with Tehran and with the Iranian mission here in order to be able to access certain persons for questioning.
"Whenever they will convey their convenience, we will send our team to Iran," a source said.
Investigators looking into the February 13 attack case have claimed that four Iranians and an Indian journalist, Syed Ahmed Kazmi, were allegedly part of the conspiracy to attack the Israeli embassy car.
They had claimed that the module, which carried out the attack on Aurangzeb Road, had recced the mission way back in May last year before returning to check again in January and February.
Following a request of CBI, the Interpol has already issued look-out notices against the Iranians -- Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh.
Irani, Mahdiansadr and Abolghasemi are believed to be in Iran while Sedaghatzadeh is in the custody of Malaysian authorities following his arrest there.
Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the blast after a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'