Diplomat attack case: India awaiting for Iran`s co
New Delhi: India is awaiting for Iran`s convenience in order to send a team to that country to get access to three Iranians wanted in connection with the bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here last February.
Official sources said New Delhi is in touch with Tehran and with the Iranian mission here in order to be able to access certain persons for questioning.
"Whenever they will convey their convenience, we will send our team to Iran," a source said.
Investigators looking into the February 13 attack case have claimed that four Iranians and an Indian journalist, Syed Ahmed Kazmi, were allegedly part of the conspiracy to attack the Israeli embassy car.
They had claimed that the module, which carried out the attack on Aurangzeb Road, had recced the mission way back in May last year before returning to check again in January and February.
Following a request of CBI, the Interpol has already issued look-out notices against the Iranians -- Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh.
Irani, Mahdiansadr and Abolghasemi are believed to be in Iran while Sedaghatzadeh is in the custody of Malaysian authorities following his arrest there.
Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the blast after a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India