Diplomat attack case: India awaiting for Iran`s co
New Delhi: India is awaiting for Iran`s convenience in order to send a team to that country to get access to three Iranians wanted in connection with the bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here last February.
Official sources said New Delhi is in touch with Tehran and with the Iranian mission here in order to be able to access certain persons for questioning.
"Whenever they will convey their convenience, we will send our team to Iran," a source said.
Investigators looking into the February 13 attack case have claimed that four Iranians and an Indian journalist, Syed Ahmed Kazmi, were allegedly part of the conspiracy to attack the Israeli embassy car.
They had claimed that the module, which carried out the attack on Aurangzeb Road, had recced the mission way back in May last year before returning to check again in January and February.
Following a request of CBI, the Interpol has already issued look-out notices against the Iranians -- Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh.
Irani, Mahdiansadr and Abolghasemi are believed to be in Iran while Sedaghatzadeh is in the custody of Malaysian authorities following his arrest there.
Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the blast after a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional