Discoms trying to scuttle CAG audit: Aam Aadmi Party
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday alleged that the private power distribution companies were trying to scuttle the audit of their accounts by the CAG and warned that the party would protest any further rise in electricity tariff in the national Capital.
The AAP also demanded that the Centre should direct the authorities concerned to warn the discoms that their "attempts to scuttle the CAG audit will result in cancellation of their licences."
"The AAP will lead an unprecedented protest in the national Capital in case DERC (Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission) goes ahead with its plan to raise the electricity tariffs without waiting for the findings of the CAG audit," the party said in a statement.
Referring to a letter written by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) to the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, the AAP claimed, "It is extremely shocking that top CAG officials have been forced to remind the LG and the Delhi administration run by him about their duty to ensure that it is mandatory for discoms to provide all their account books to the auditors."
It further alleged that discoms have hatched a conspiracy with "active help from BJP and Congress to delay the audit and frustrate the CAG."
"The manner in which the discoms are hiding their account books and other related data with active connivance from top Delhi administration, is a clear and incriminating evidence about the attempts being made to force the CAG to drop this important audit," it claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?