Dishonour killing: Family arrested for killing Delhi teacher
New Delhi: A 24-year-old teacher in a Municipal Corporation of Delhi-run school was allegedly killed by her mother and brother in Kanjhawla, near the capital, after she refused to stay with her husband and wanted to marry another person from a different caste.
The victim, identified as Deepti Chikara, was allegedly pressurised into a marriage in January after her family rejected her relationship with an engineer who was from a different caste. She returned home soon after her marriage and got in touch with her boyfriend again, much to the rage of her family.
She went missing from her home in April, but her family did not file any complaint with police. Her boyfriend later wrote an email to Delhi Police following which an investigation was initiated.
Police say, the investigation has revealed it is a case of dishonour killing. Police have arrested Deepti`s mother and her brother, who have also confessed to the crime and said they dumped Deepti`s body body in Rourkee.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir