Dishonour killing: Family arrested for killing Delhi teacher
New Delhi: A 24-year-old teacher in a Municipal Corporation of Delhi-run school was allegedly killed by her mother and brother in Kanjhawla, near the capital, after she refused to stay with her husband and wanted to marry another person from a different caste.
The victim, identified as Deepti Chikara, was allegedly pressurised into a marriage in January after her family rejected her relationship with an engineer who was from a different caste. She returned home soon after her marriage and got in touch with her boyfriend again, much to the rage of her family.
She went missing from her home in April, but her family did not file any complaint with police. Her boyfriend later wrote an email to Delhi Police following which an investigation was initiated.
Police say, the investigation has revealed it is a case of dishonour killing. Police have arrested Deepti`s mother and her brother, who have also confessed to the crime and said they dumped Deepti`s body body in Rourkee.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack