Dishonour killing: Family arrested for killing Delhi teacher
New Delhi: A 24-year-old teacher in a Municipal Corporation of Delhi-run school was allegedly killed by her mother and brother in Kanjhawla, near the capital, after she refused to stay with her husband and wanted to marry another person from a different caste.
The victim, identified as Deepti Chikara, was allegedly pressurised into a marriage in January after her family rejected her relationship with an engineer who was from a different caste. She returned home soon after her marriage and got in touch with her boyfriend again, much to the rage of her family.
She went missing from her home in April, but her family did not file any complaint with police. Her boyfriend later wrote an email to Delhi Police following which an investigation was initiated.
Police say, the investigation has revealed it is a case of dishonour killing. Police have arrested Deepti`s mother and her brother, who have also confessed to the crime and said they dumped Deepti`s body body in Rourkee.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown