Disposal of sexual offence cases higher than others: Delhi HC CJ
New Delhi: Disposal of sexual offence cases is much higher than others and pendency of cases is not due to inability of judges but because of incompletion of formalities and for want of witnesses, Delhi High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan on Wednesday said.
"Going by the statistics, the disposal in the sexual offences cases are much more than the filing. In fact, last year there were about 596 cases that have been disposed of, more or less in similar offences which represent more than 65-75 percent of all the cases.
"The other cases, when I inquired about the pendency, I was told it was due to incompletion of certain formalities and for want of witnesses to be produced in the court and certainly it is not due to the reason that the court is unable to dispose of the case," he said.
Justice Murugesan, who was speaking at the inauguration of a fast track court for trying sexual offence cases at the Saket district courts complex here, said circular has been issued to all judicial officers to put on fast track mode the offences related to disabled persons and children.
"As far as sexual offences are concerned, the high court within no time accepted the proposal of fast track court to try exclusively the offences relating to rape.
"The judiciary is not lagging behind to render justice delivery system to needy people in time," he said.
He also assured that justice would not be sacrificed at the cost of speedy trial in the cases.
He said all the cases relating to sexual offences will be put on fast-track mode and initially the cases which are ready for trial or for taking evidence or arguments will be given priority including the case which is recently much spoken of, the December 16 gang-rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?