Dissent within APP indicator of internal democracy: Sanjay Singh
Lucknow: Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday said it was untouched by the "slavery system" prevalent in some parties, and voices of dissent within its ranks were an indicator of internal democracy.
"In parties where slavery system is prevalent, a worker cannot raise his voice against his leader. But, the AAP is untouched by this," he told reporters here.
Sanjay Singh was responding to questions on leadership abilities of APP convenor Arvind Kejriwal in the backdrop of senior leader Shanti Bhushan`s outburst against him.
The AAP was the only political party in which all members have freedom to raise their voice, Singh said.
On talks about the AAP losing its mass base, he said the number of people getting associated with the party had increased.
He said in the Delhi Assembly polls last year the party secured 29 per cent votes while in Lok Sabha elections, it got 39.5 per cent.
Accusing the BJP and its affiliate organisations of
disturbing atmosphere in Uttar Pradesh, Sanjay Singh said the AAP would take out a "Unity and Harmony March" in western UP from October 2 to October 12.
He said prior to this, a sit-in would be organised in Lucknow to protest the "deteriorating" law and order in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price