District court lawyers likely to be on strike tomorrow
New Delhi: Lawyers practicing in the six district courts in Delhi are likely to go on a day-long strike tomorrow in protest against the alleged attack on two advocates by police personnel and registration of a case against the duo.
In an emergency meeting held today, the bar associations of all the district courts of Saket, Tiz Hazari, Patiala House, Karkardooma, Rohini and Dwarka, have unanimously decided to abstain from work on July 9.
"The Executive Committee, in an emergency meeting held today, decided to observe a complete strike on July 9, 2013, due to the brutal attack by police personnel on two lawyers on the intervening night of July 6-7, 2013 and misbehaviour on the part of the SHO and thereafter registering the false FIR against them (lawyers)," a circular from the Saket Bar Association said.
The view was echoed by the other bar associations as well which have asked their colleagues to "show solidarity" and co-operate in observing "a complete strike".
Proxy counsel will be appearing in urgent matters, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?