District court lawyers likely to be on strike tomorrow
New Delhi: Lawyers practicing in the six district courts in Delhi are likely to go on a day-long strike tomorrow in protest against the alleged attack on two advocates by police personnel and registration of a case against the duo.
In an emergency meeting held today, the bar associations of all the district courts of Saket, Tiz Hazari, Patiala House, Karkardooma, Rohini and Dwarka, have unanimously decided to abstain from work on July 9.
"The Executive Committee, in an emergency meeting held today, decided to observe a complete strike on July 9, 2013, due to the brutal attack by police personnel on two lawyers on the intervening night of July 6-7, 2013 and misbehaviour on the part of the SHO and thereafter registering the false FIR against them (lawyers)," a circular from the Saket Bar Association said.
The view was echoed by the other bar associations as well which have asked their colleagues to "show solidarity" and co-operate in observing "a complete strike".
Proxy counsel will be appearing in urgent matters, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP