Diwali bonus, DA arrears for DTC employees
New Delhi: In a Diwali bonanza, Delhi government on Wednesday decided to pay Delhi Transport Corporation employees bonus and dearness allowance arrears besides accepting a number of their demands.
"The government has accepted most of the long-pending demands of DTC employees," Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said.
He said each of the around 38,000 employees, including those on contract, will get upto Rs 3500 as ex-gratia.
Goswami said each of the around 28,000 permanent employees will get an extra amount of Rs 7500 which includes DA arrears and ex-gratia.
He said the government has sanctioned Rs 56.65 crore for disbursement bonus, ex-gratia and DA arrears.
The arrears and bonus will be disbursed before Diwalion November 13.
The minister said all the employees will be given new uniform. He said government has also enhanced washing allowance for employees besides deciding to pay pending dues for overtime served during the Commonwealth Games in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users