DJB concludes tree plantation drive in city schools
New Delhi: The Delhi Jal Board in a bid to
sensitise children towards greening of the city has concluded
a tree plantation drive in schools in association with The
Energy Resources Institute (TERI), its partner NGO.
Under the Yamuna Action Plan -II, the DJB commenced a
week-long tree plantation drive in 100 schools across south
and south-west Delhi on February 15.
The drive aimed at sensitising children on the greening
of Delhi, seeks to encourage them towards a greater
participation in achieving this end, a DJB official said.
"We believe that through such campaigns, we will be able
to induce a sense of responsibility among students towards
their city and its environment. Children are the best
ambassadors to carry the message of a greener and healthier
Delhi to their respective families and communities," DJB CEO
Ramesh Negi said.
During the drive, 10 saplings each of medicinal,
ornamental and forestry species were distributed among
schools, the official said.
These activities were designed to spread awareness of the
need to conserve the city`s precious and dwindling resources
with a focus on mobilising people for a clean and pollution-
free Yamuna, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack