DJB concludes tree plantation drive in city schools
New Delhi: The Delhi Jal Board in a bid to
sensitise children towards greening of the city has concluded
a tree plantation drive in schools in association with The
Energy Resources Institute (TERI), its partner NGO.
Under the Yamuna Action Plan -II, the DJB commenced a
week-long tree plantation drive in 100 schools across south
and south-west Delhi on February 15.
The drive aimed at sensitising children on the greening
of Delhi, seeks to encourage them towards a greater
participation in achieving this end, a DJB official said.
"We believe that through such campaigns, we will be able
to induce a sense of responsibility among students towards
their city and its environment. Children are the best
ambassadors to carry the message of a greener and healthier
Delhi to their respective families and communities," DJB CEO
Ramesh Negi said.
During the drive, 10 saplings each of medicinal,
ornamental and forestry species were distributed among
schools, the official said.
These activities were designed to spread awareness of the
need to conserve the city`s precious and dwindling resources
with a focus on mobilising people for a clean and pollution-
free Yamuna, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?