DJB Engineers, equipment supplier under CBI net
New Delhi: CBI has registered five cases of alleged cheating and forgery in the supply of sewerage equipment to Delhi Jal Board in which eight executive engineers and six junior engineers have been named along with a private company.
"The case relates to the supply of allegedly spurious, cheap items of motor pumps, gear boxes and machinery, spare parts used in sewage treatment plants at exorbitant rates by showing the firm as authorised dealer of a manufacturing firm on the basis of fake and forged documents," a CBI spokesperson said in a statement.
It is alleged that Delhi Jal Board had cleared a Mumbai-based company Esenpro for the supply of the equipment.
The Executive Engineers of Delhi Jal Board allegedly entered in criminal conspiracy with owner of Kirti Nagar-based Metro Projects and Sales Services, Raman Gupta during 2009-12 who forged letters of Regional Manager of Esenpro declaring his company to be authorised supplier of Esenpro equipment in Delhi, the sources said.
CBI has recovered over 100 such letters with varying signatures during its searches carried out at 21 locations in Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad, CBI sources said.
Based on these letters, Gupta allegedly supplied equipment carrying Esenpro trademark, purportedly spurious, worth Rs six crore to five sub divisions of Jal Board--Kondli, Keshopur Coronation Park, Maharani Bagh and Wazeerabad, they said.
The agency slapped charges of cheating, forgery and provisions of prevention of corruption act against Gupta his company, and eight executive engineers--Banwari Lal Bharti, Islam Khan, J P Garg, S C Vasishtha, Seeshram Singh, G P Singh, R K Bhalla and J K Arora and six junior engineers of the Jal Board, the sources said.
Three public-private partnerships related to water supply and supply of meters to Jal Board is already under scanner of CBI which has registered four preliminary enquiries in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed