DMRC achieves final tunnel breakthrough at Janpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Monday achieved the fourth and final tunnel breakthrough between Central Secretariat and Mandi House in its Phase III project.
"The breakthrough was achieved at 5:38 PM by completing 1,492 mt long tunnel on the down line of the Mandi House-Janpath stretch," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The excavation work on the 24-mt deep tunnel at Janpath Metro station was completed in the presence of Mangu Singh, Managing Director, DMRC and other Directors.
The tunnel, with internal diameter of 5.8 mt, passes beneath several important buildings like the American Centre, Nepal Embassy, Fulbright House, Antriksh Bhawan, Scindia House, Janpath Market and Jeevan Prakash Building in the busy commercial area in central Delhi.
The excavated earth was deposited at Mukundpur Depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read