DMRC achieves final tunnel breakthrough at Janpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Monday achieved the fourth and final tunnel breakthrough between Central Secretariat and Mandi House in its Phase III project.
"The breakthrough was achieved at 5:38 PM by completing 1,492 mt long tunnel on the down line of the Mandi House-Janpath stretch," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The excavation work on the 24-mt deep tunnel at Janpath Metro station was completed in the presence of Mangu Singh, Managing Director, DMRC and other Directors.
The tunnel, with internal diameter of 5.8 mt, passes beneath several important buildings like the American Centre, Nepal Embassy, Fulbright House, Antriksh Bhawan, Scindia House, Janpath Market and Jeevan Prakash Building in the busy commercial area in central Delhi.
The excavated earth was deposited at Mukundpur Depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur