DMRC achieves final tunnel breakthrough at Janpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Monday achieved the fourth and final tunnel breakthrough between Central Secretariat and Mandi House in its Phase III project.
"The breakthrough was achieved at 5:38 PM by completing 1,492 mt long tunnel on the down line of the Mandi House-Janpath stretch," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The excavation work on the 24-mt deep tunnel at Janpath Metro station was completed in the presence of Mangu Singh, Managing Director, DMRC and other Directors.
The tunnel, with internal diameter of 5.8 mt, passes beneath several important buildings like the American Centre, Nepal Embassy, Fulbright House, Antriksh Bhawan, Scindia House, Janpath Market and Jeevan Prakash Building in the busy commercial area in central Delhi.
The excavated earth was deposited at Mukundpur Depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal