DMRC achieves final tunnel breakthrough at Janpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Monday achieved the fourth and final tunnel breakthrough between Central Secretariat and Mandi House in its Phase III project.
"The breakthrough was achieved at 5:38 PM by completing 1,492 mt long tunnel on the down line of the Mandi House-Janpath stretch," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The excavation work on the 24-mt deep tunnel at Janpath Metro station was completed in the presence of Mangu Singh, Managing Director, DMRC and other Directors.
The tunnel, with internal diameter of 5.8 mt, passes beneath several important buildings like the American Centre, Nepal Embassy, Fulbright House, Antriksh Bhawan, Scindia House, Janpath Market and Jeevan Prakash Building in the busy commercial area in central Delhi.
The excavated earth was deposited at Mukundpur Depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar